Job Title: Asset Manager
Location: Baltimore, MD
War Horse cities is committed to supporting and participating in vibrant urban communities—which we do by building exciting urban environments that are economically and environmentally sustainable. Hand in hand with the communities we serve, we invest our time, skills and resources into programming spaces, developing real estate and creating philanthropic initiatives for long-term positive impact. War Horse Cities owns and develops a variety of project types including office, retail, multi-family residential, commercial, hotel, single family residential, restaurant, riparian/marina and public facilities.
The Asset Manager will be responsible for maximizing the performance and value of the Company’s portfolio of real estate and operating assets. The incumbent will oversee the operational, leasing, and capital improvement aspects of each of the Company’s assets. Working out of the Baltimore office, the Asset Manager will be responsible for “running the business” of a portfolio of properties including formulating and executing short- and long-term asset strategies. The Asset Manager will be an experienced and confident investment professional with a thorough understanding of investment real estate and a demonstrated track record of value creation.
- Work directly on all aspects of War Horse’s asset management activities including portfolio operations, construction projects, financing, investor relations, leasing, and disposition decisions.
- Maximize total return for each assigned asset through the analysis of property efficiencies, revenue and expense management, and identifying opportunities for improved performance.
- Manage property- and portfolio-level cash flow, distribution analysis, budgets, and investment projections.
- Management of each individual project’s branding, marketing plans and leasing strategy.
- Create and maintain capital improvements plans and budgets, negotiate contracts, and manage construction draws for all renovation projects.
- Oversee required monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of the portfolio to War Horse’s management team, investors, and lenders.
- Assist in due diligence and underwriting of potential new acquisitions.
- Financial analysis, marketing studies and industry standard reporting (i.e. leasing activity, delinquency, revenue and expense variance reporting, etc.).
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Bachelor of Arts or Science from an accredited college or university with an emphasis on real estate, business management, finance, accounting, and/or economics required. Graduate degree a plus but, not required.
- 5-7 years real estate, finance, accounting and/or analytical experience. Direct asset management experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with demonstrated skills in Excel financial modeling; must be comfortable working with joint venture models, distribution waterfalls and calculation of financial metrics (i.e. IRR’s, equity return multiplier’s, etc.)
- Excellent analytical, writing and communication skills with the ability to multitask.
- Strong work ethic, enthusiastic, proactive, well organized and mature.
- Quality interpersonal skills with a strong desire to learn and succeed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
War Horse offers competitive salaries, benefits package and attractive bonus incentive opportunities. If you are interested in becoming an integral part of a growing, entrepreneurial, team-oriented, and dynamic organization where your contributions will be recognized and rewarded, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
War Horse Cities is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity.